My son turned four months a few days ago. There’s so much to learn on this mothering journey and everyday, it feels like I learn something new. One of the things I learned early on is that a button up shirt or dress is a new mother’s bestfriend. They make nursing so much easier. Nowadays when I shop, I think about the utility of the items I purchase, is it nursing friendly or not?Read More
As the saying goes, if you really want to change your life, then you should change some of the things you do everyday. Starting my fitness journey inspired me to become healthier in other areas of my life. Since starting my fitness journey, I pay attention to my well-being in other areas of my life.Read More
2018 was a HUGE year for me. I saw many of God’s promises come to fruition in my life. I moved, married my best friend and gave birth to my son. My life has changed in beautiful and powerful ways. While there’s no one thing that fully defines me, these roles mean that my identity is evolving in profound ways. I’m excited to see what all of this entails.Read More
I joke with my fiance, that it felt like there were 80 days in January. It was quite a month where we experienced a lot of huge life changes and life transitions (some of which we're really excited about). I lean on my faith for most everything in my life, it's where I draw courage and strength when I need it most. Recently, I was moved by this beautiful profound passage from the book, The Greatest Miracle in the World. It's an incredible read, and although it's long, I'm asking that you read the entire thing, because I am almost certain it will move you too.Read More
I wore this look to dinner with a few friends the day before New Year's Eve. During dinner we spoke about some of our goals that we wanted to acheive in the new year and behaviors we wanted to implement to enhance our lives. That dinner conversation provided the inspiration for this post.Read More
Happy 2018 Lovelies,
I'm closing out 2017 feeling truly blessed, it was an amazing year in so many different ways and in so many different areas of my life. There's just so much that I thank God for but some of the highlights include getting engaged, getting promoted at work, traveling adventures, and staying committed to another year of fitness.
I spent some time earlier today creating a vision board reflecting some of my goals and desires for the new year. While I usually write down my goals and dreams, it is my first vision board, and I really enjoyed the process of creating it. There're a number of things I want to achieve in 2018, and I'm sharing a few of them with you below:
1. Eat clean. I fine-tuned my workout regimen, and this year I really hope to eat more healthy foods and implement a clean diet. I watched a number of videos on Youtube and collected a few recipes to get me started. I'm excited about this change.
2. I'm getting married in 2018 (*happy dance*) so you can only imagine that wedding planning is in full swing. I want my wedding to beautiful and smooth sailing. I'll be sharing my wedding planning process with you here on the blog and on my Youtube channel.
3. Continue to grow as a blogger and a Youtuber. I enjoy the blogging and the blogging community. I hope to collaborate and partner with other bloggers and brands this year. Doing my first press trip and covering the Martha's Vineyard African-American film festival were two of my blogging highlights from 2017, I look forward to even more highlights in 2018.
4. Give myself permission to shine. Because playing small doesn't serve anyone.
5. Become involved in at least one community organization. I truly believe that "service is the rent we pay for room on this Earth."
What are some of your goals for 2018? I'd love to hear please share!
It's here! The video where I'm talking about book two in my five book video series, Books for Women Who Want to Win. Secrets of Six Figure Women (available here) is a great book to read for women who want more financial success and abundance in their lives or for women who want to become more financial savvy in general. Watch the video below to see why it's a great book to add to your reading list!Read More