If you follow me on Instagram, then you'll know by now that I'm pregnant. If not, well, I am pregnant!!! In the video below, I'm sharing how I've been styling the bump since I started showing. The video features both maternity and non-maternity pieces.
Almost six months to the day after my husband proposed, we said "I do," on a sunny April Friday at the Westmount Country Club in New Jersey. I look back in awe to think that we planned our wedding in six months!!! I know this would not have been possible without my amazing husband who was an equal partner in planning our special day.Read More
I know it's been awhile. I've been super busy with work, wedding planning and life. With our wedding quickly approaching, I'll be sharing a few posts catching you up with wedding planning and events. Stay tuned and enjoy this post about our engagement party!Read More
I joke with my fiance, that it felt like there were 80 days in January. It was quite a month where we experienced a lot of huge life changes and life transitions (some of which we're really excited about). I lean on my faith for most everything in my life, it's where I draw courage and strength when I need it most. Recently, I was moved by this beautiful profound passage from the book, The Greatest Miracle in the World. It's an incredible read, and although it's long, I'm asking that you read the entire thing, because I am almost certain it will move you too.Read More
I wore this look to dinner with a few friends the day before New Year's Eve. During dinner we spoke about some of our goals that we wanted to acheive in the new year and behaviors we wanted to implement to enhance our lives. That dinner conversation provided the inspiration for this post.Read More
Happy 2018 Lovelies,
I'm closing out 2017 feeling truly blessed, it was an amazing year in so many different ways and in so many different areas of my life. There's just so much that I thank God for but some of the highlights include getting engaged, getting promoted at work, traveling adventures, and staying committed to another year of fitness.
I spent some time earlier today creating a vision board reflecting some of my goals and desires for the new year. While I usually write down my goals and dreams, it is my first vision board, and I really enjoyed the process of creating it. There're a number of things I want to achieve in 2018, and I'm sharing a few of them with you below:
1. Eat clean. I fine-tuned my workout regimen, and this year I really hope to eat more healthy foods and implement a clean diet. I watched a number of videos on Youtube and collected a few recipes to get me started. I'm excited about this change.
2. I'm getting married in 2018 (*happy dance*) so you can only imagine that wedding planning is in full swing. I want my wedding to beautiful and smooth sailing. I'll be sharing my wedding planning process with you here on the blog and on my Youtube channel.
3. Continue to grow as a blogger and a Youtuber. I enjoy the blogging and the blogging community. I hope to collaborate and partner with other bloggers and brands this year. Doing my first press trip and covering the Martha's Vineyard African-American film festival were two of my blogging highlights from 2017, I look forward to even more highlights in 2018.
4. Give myself permission to shine. Because playing small doesn't serve anyone.
5. Become involved in at least one community organization. I truly believe that "service is the rent we pay for room on this Earth."
What are some of your goals for 2018? I'd love to hear please share!