I wore this look to dinner with a few friends the day before New Year's Eve. During dinner we spoke about some of our goals that we wanted to acheive in the new year and behaviors we wanted to implement to enhance our lives. That dinner conversation provided the inspiration for this post.Read More
Happy 2018 Lovelies,
I'm closing out 2017 feeling truly blessed, it was an amazing year in so many different ways and in so many different areas of my life. There's just so much that I thank God for but some of the highlights include getting engaged, getting promoted at work, traveling adventures, and staying committed to another year of fitness.
I spent some time earlier today creating a vision board reflecting some of my goals and desires for the new year. While I usually write down my goals and dreams, it is my first vision board, and I really enjoyed the process of creating it. There're a number of things I want to achieve in 2018, and I'm sharing a few of them with you below:
1. Eat clean. I fine-tuned my workout regimen, and this year I really hope to eat more healthy foods and implement a clean diet. I watched a number of videos on Youtube and collected a few recipes to get me started. I'm excited about this change.
2. I'm getting married in 2018 (*happy dance*) so you can only imagine that wedding planning is in full swing. I want my wedding to beautiful and smooth sailing. I'll be sharing my wedding planning process with you here on the blog and on my Youtube channel.
3. Continue to grow as a blogger and a Youtuber. I enjoy the blogging and the blogging community. I hope to collaborate and partner with other bloggers and brands this year. Doing my first press trip and covering the Martha's Vineyard African-American film festival were two of my blogging highlights from 2017, I look forward to even more highlights in 2018.
4. Give myself permission to shine. Because playing small doesn't serve anyone.
5. Become involved in at least one community organization. I truly believe that "service is the rent we pay for room on this Earth."
What are some of your goals for 2018? I'd love to hear please share!
It's here! The video where I'm talking about book two in my five book video series, Books for Women Who Want to Win. Secrets of Six Figure Women (available here) is a great book to read for women who want more financial success and abundance in their lives or for women who want to become more financial savvy in general. Watch the video below to see why it's a great book to add to your reading list!Read More
Every birthday I take time to reflect on the past year by thinking about lessons learned and insights I gained. I turned 33 last Friday and just looking back 10 years in the past, I am such a different woman today than I was at 23. I am more confident, more sure of my intrinsic worth and more aware my values. The woman I am today came as a result of growing pains, self-reflection, and intentionally deciding to engage in personal development. TRead More
Over the past couple of years I started paying more attention to taking care of myself. As a woman, I am socialized to put everything and everyone else before myself often neglecting to take time to replenish my mind, body and spirit.Read More
I created this video series because book have been integral in teaching and giving me insight into information on how to achieve my goals and also growing as an individual in all areas of my life. In this series, I'll be sharing five books that have had a profound impact on my life. Here are Books for Women Who Want to Win! The first book in my series, The Slight Edge, is available on Amazon here, http://amzn.to/2gRNsZS Enjoy the first video in my series below!
1. Doing it Afraid. Courage means acting despite your fears. Fear can cripple you and hold you back. Freedom exists on the other side of fear, and acting in spite of fears, proves that you can overcome fear. You will never regret refusing to let fear cripple you from living a fulfilling life.Read More